Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

What's in Feisonista's Dance Bag?

Next in the "What's in my Dance Bag" series is the ever-so-fashionable, Feisonista

Feisonista is a former open champion dancer with a passion for Irish dance and fashion. She danced with a CLRG school throughout high school with trips to the North American Nationals, All-Irelands and Worlds. She then danced in college at Villanova, majoring in Chemical Engineering on the side. She is now juggling real, post-grad life as an engineer with her fun life as a Feisonista.
 


So what does the most fashionable feiser carry in her dance bag?

Here's my dance bag! It's half what's actually in my dance bag and half what I will have in a month when I'm teaching again! Can't wait! 



1: Forever 21 dance bag
2: Vera Bradley make up bag in Java Blue [retired pattern]
3: Make up brush bag from Sephora
4: Maybelline Flasies Mascara - amazing!
5: Nude eyeshadow pallet for after dance applications
6: Jergens moisturizer with tanner - just enough color after dance
7: NARS blush and bronzer combo
8: Too Faced bronzer - my favorite for a natural look
9: Victoria Secret Make Up Remover - best before dance to avoid break out
10: Sephora smokey eye pallet
11: Glitter for performance eyes!

12: Liquid eye liner
13: Red lip gloss and lipstick
14: Ribbons for dance class chic hair
15: Bobby pins, of course
16: Safety pins
17: Comb for after dance touch ups
18: Hair ties galore
19: Deodorant
20: One poodle sock...
21. Black tights
22: Celtic Choice soft shoes
23: One ballet slipper...
24: Shades because the sun never sets on an Irish dancer
25: Ursula Celano notebook
26: MS150 number
27: Kiss me I'm Irish button


I have Fays Celtic Choice soft shoes. I have wide, but short feet with high arches and they're the only ones that fit me! I used to have Fays hard shoes with the tan soles but I may or may not have lost them at college... I'm currently on the search for new ones!


My dance bag right now is from Forever 21 actually. I rotate out my dance bag every few month depending on what I'm feeling. I love using it as an accessory. This one is fun for summer with the hot pink accents! I use it as a beach bag on the weekends. 


Beyond shoes, the crucial things I have in my dance bag are: 


My back-up make up supply. Most of my dance classes end up on Thursday nights or during the day on Saturday, so I'm usually heading out with friends after. Some light touch ups transform my look from sweaty to night out easily! The best part? No blush needed - my full jig takes care of that... The deodorant is a crucial part of this as well!


My show make up. I tend to lose things so I have to keep my performance make up in my dance bag! Lately I've been rocking the smokey eye (love the Sephora kit), red lipstick and a winged eye. And of course, some glitter! 


Ribbons to spruce up my practice look. It makes countless drills seem a little more manageable...


Bobby pins, hair ties and safety pins. I think it goes without saying how much these are needed!


Sunglasses. I don't go anywhere without my shades, that includes dance class! Love my green pair for class. 


Some of the more random things in my dance bag: 


One ballet shoe. I've been taking ballet on the side and love it. It's a great way to really get in tune with how your body and muscles works and getting rocking turn out. Unfortunately I lost one slipper...


My number from the MS150. I  recently used this bag on a 170 mile bike ride from Houston to Austin for MS. I keep the number in my bag to remind me to keep pushing! Cycling is a great way to add extra stamina for dancers too, if anyone's interested!


Button. The remains from some St. Patrick's Day shows... 


Ursula Celano notebook. For taking notes on trends that I see and for developing choreography, I never leave the house for dance without this adorable notebook!


J'dore Feisonista? Follow her!

[Blog]          [Twitter]          [Tumblr]          [Pinterest]

Keep Dancing, and Stay Fasionable Feisers!
- Moira

3 comments:

  1. You are the cutest blogger on the block! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, DK!! Now, if you could design an Irish dance shoe with a brooch, that would be just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to go through additional from you. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many entertaining stuff in your blog, especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the leisure here! Keep up the good work.I am always interested in this topic. I'm happy to capture your article and I am looking forward to more of your article.
    http://www.discountchristianlouboutinblog.com
    http://www.redbottomsoleshoes-c.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...